- Ignore everybody.
- The idea doesn't have to be big. It just has to change the world.
- Put the hours in.
- If your biz plan depends on you suddenly being "discovered" by some big shot, your plan will probably fail.
- You are responsible for your own experience.
- Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten.
- Keep your day job.
- Companies that squelch creativity can no longer compete with companies that champion creativity.
- Everybody has their own private Mount Everest they were put on this earth to climb.
- The more talented somebody is, the less they need the props.
- Don't try to stand out from the crowd; avoid crowds altogether.
- If you accept the pain, it cannot hurt you.
- Never compare your inside with somebody else's outside.
- Dying young is overrated.
- The most important thing a creative person can learn professionally is where to draw the red line that separates what you are willing to do, and what you are not.
- The world is changing.
- Merit can be bought. Passion can't.
- Avoid the Watercooler Gang.
- Sing in your own voice.
- The choice of media is irrelevant.
- Selling out is harder than it looks.
- Nobody cares. Do it for yourself.
- Worrying about "Commercial vs. Artistic" is a complete waste of time.
- Don't worry about finding inspiration. It comes eventually.
- You have to find your own schtick.
- Write from the heart.
- The best way to get approval is not to need it.
- Power is never given. Power is taken.
- Whatever choice you make, The Devil gets his due eventually.
- The hardest part of being creative is getting used to it.
- Remain frugal.
December 03, 2007
How to be Creative?
Here are some tips to help one be creative in any walk of life - (Yet another set of creativity todos?...may be)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment